WE are specifically committed to the transformation of the politics of sexuality in our contexts. As long as African LGBTI people are oppressed, the whole of Africa is oppressed.
- Reclaiming and sharing our stories (past and present), our lived realities, our contributions to society and our hopes for the future;
- Strengthening ourselves and our organizations, deepening our links and understanding of our communities, building principled alliances, and actively contributing towards the revolution.
- Challenging all legal systems and practices which either currently criminalize or seek to reinforce the criminalization of LGBTI people, organizations, knowledge creation, sexual self expression, and movement building.
- Challenging state support for oppressive sexual, gendered, discriminatory norms, legal and political structures and cultural systems.
- Strengthening the bonds of respect, cooperation, passion, and solidarity between LGBTI people, in our complexities, differences and diverse contexts. This includes respecting and celebrating our multiple ways of being, self expression, and languages.
- Contributing to the social and political recognition that sexuality, pleasure, and the erotic are part of our common humanity.
- Placing ourselves proactively within all movement building supportive of our vision.